In the past few months I have tested 20+ concealers (old post on my favorite concealers). As I am getting older the area under my eye is getting darker. The two most essential items in my concealer regime are:
1. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream ($45!!!)
This is a rather expensive eye cream, but instead for buying 15 cheaper creams that just did not work for me, I chose to splurge and get this. I had tried samples of this cream in the past and I adored it. So when Nieman Marcus had a one day 20% off sale I snapped this baby up. Again, this cream works for me, but it may not work for you, so please try a sample before spending your hard earned money.
2. Bobbi Brown Corrector ($22)
As I will discuss below, and in my previous post I have tried a number of concealers. Many came close to perfection, but something was always missing. Then I found the Bobbi Brown correctors and my hunt for the perfect concealer ended. I tried samples of the corrector in Peach and Dark Peach. While Dark Peach was good, it was too golden for my neutral undertones. The shade Dark Bisque is perfect for me (if you are the same skin color as me but have golden undertones, try Dark Peach).
- Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer in Almond - $25. Love the coverage of this concealer. Try it if you have very dark circles. The texture is lighter than the MUFE concealer, but I find it much easier to blend, and Almond is a great match for me.
- NARS concealer in Praline - $22.
This concealer looks like a lipstick and is great for quick touchups (I carry this in my purse). It has salmon undertone.
- Bobbi Brown Concealer in Honey, Golden - $22. Not a bad concealer, but if I use it with the Bobbi Brown eye cream and the corrector it gets too greasy for me. I tried numerous times to blend it and set the concealer with powder but it always ends up settling in the fines lines under my eye.
- Amazing Cosmetics in Tan - $28. The jury is still out on this one. I cant make up my mind if I like it or not. It's more of a corrector than a concealer in my opinion since this shade has strong pink undertones.You definately need to apply a yellow based concealer over it or the undereye area looks a bit off and ashy.
- Dior Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer in Honey - $28. One of my favorite concealers to wear over the Bobbi Brown corrector. It does not crease at all, and sets beautifully with powder. I highly recommend this concealer.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye in Tan - $24. This concealer also has salmon undertones like the Amazing concealer. But the color is not as pink so you can wear it as a concealer. While the coverage is kick ass, unfortunately it creases like crazy. I tried wearing it without any eye cream, a very tiny pin prick amount, setting it immediately with powder but nothing worked:( I will try it again this winter when my skin is drier, will post an update.
With this I end the rather long post on my experience with various concealers. Which concealer is your favorite?