Friday, February 11, 2011

Correctors showdown!! Pic heavy

I have been meaning to show pictures and swatches of my favorite correctors for a while. So here it goes. I have tried really hard to take good closeups, so please click on each image to see the true colors.

Bobbi Brown Correctors: Dark Bisque (Left) and Peach (Right)

Bobbi Brown Corrector Dark BisqueBobbi Brown Corrector Dark Bisque



Eve Pearl Salmon Corrector: Medium (Left), Tan (Right)




Eve Pearl and Bobbi Brown Size comparison



Laura Mercier, Ben Nye and Make up forever (MUFE)

Concealer Refills - Blue Neutralizer No. 1







Please see more details about them in these posts:


My skintone fluctuates between NC40-44. My verdict on correctors, NOT concealers:
Under eyes:  Bobbi Brown Dark Bisque (when I am NC42-44ish) and MUFE No-1 (2nd shade from right).
Around my mouth: I am much darker around my mouth area. I would say around NC45-47. Eve Pearl in Tan is PERFECT!!!
Spots on my face: Laura Mercier SC-04

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. My skin tone is similar to yours and I have been dying to find the right correctors. I always look up your blog for recommendations on foundations, concealers..
Do you apply corrector to the mouth area too? Can you do a step by step tutorial on how you apply the corrector and concealer (eye and mouth area)?

Thanks
Nisha

...An Eye Makeup Addicts Blog... said...

@nisha sure I will try to do a picture based tutorial soon.

Maya said...

Thanks so much for doing this! I'm looking for a good corrector for my undereye circles (thanks mom!). You said before you liked Eve Pearls in another post..are you still using hers? I'm an NC-35/37 but my circles are the bane of my existence!! Is Eve Pearls more heavy duty than Bobbie Brown? Thanks!!

Maya said...

Btw, can you do an similar post on your favorite concealers? And which concealer/corrector combo is the best? Thanks so much again...

...An Eye Makeup Addicts Blog... said...

@Maya Here are two posts on fav concealers:

http://eyemakeuplooks.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-favourite-concealers.html

http://eyemakeuplooks.blogspot.com/2009/11/part-2-review-on-concealers.html

...An Eye Makeup Addicts Blog... said...

@Maya I use Eve Pearl in Tan around my mouth and in Medium under my eyes. IMHO I think they are more heavy duty than Bobbi Brown.

Maya said...

Thanks for the reply to my comments..I'll look into the eve pearl..if only it wasn't so expensive!!

...An Eye Makeup Addicts Blog... said...

@Maya It sure it, but Eve Pearl sometimes has good sales. Keep an eye out. I myself waited for over 6 months to buy the product 30% off.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails