Saturday, January 22, 2011

My thoughts on the MAC Mickey Contractor Collection

Happy New Year!!!

I know I am super late to the game, but I was away on vacation. I bought a few things from India, but more on that later :)

So here is what I got from the Mickey Contractor Collection:
- Sur blush
- Gana blush
- Yash l/s
- Mehr l/s
- Flesh l/g
- dual ended corrector

I wanted to get the Saffron e/s, but my pro store did not get any..bummer. I forgot to order Siahi e/l - and I am totally kicking myself... Overall, I am quite disappointed by this collection, perhaps since I had such high expectations to begin with.

The Nice
- Flesh l/g and Yash l/s
Yash by itself was not that cute. I think it's mainly because of the uber matte formula. But pair it with Flesh l/g and you get really nice nude lips - no pink, no peach, just a beautiful true nude. Love the combo!

- Dual ended corrector
When I took the product out of the box, I was horrified! No way was this going to work for me. Like you may know, I have severe hyperpigmentation around my mouth, that area is like 5 times darker than the rest of my face. Anyway, so I put a tiny tiny amount of the orange around my mouth using MAC 224 brush. Yuck! Then I put the yellow over it, and OMG the darkness totally faded!! It did not disappear, we can only wish for miracles. Now when I put foundation over it, the mouth area looks quite respectable.

The Okay
- Sur blush
Mauve matte blush. It's nice, but nothing to write home about.

- Gana blush
A pretty gold highlighter, with beige undertones. Nice and muted, but I prefer MAC Hush CCB as a highlighter.


The Ugly
- Mehr l/s
I know people are raving about this color, but it just did not do anything for me. I feel like it looks so similar to NYX mauve lipliner, at least on me.

What did you get from this collection? What worked for you, what did not?


3 comments:

Leticia said...

I wanted Siahi as well, but saw it online too late. :(

Reyna @reynasblogxo said...

Great post! xx

for the love of beauty by lara said...

havent got anything from this collection... is it even in australia yet?

thnks for sharing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails